We use experiential, creative processes in our work that involve exploring and taking
a few risks. This is not predictable "off the shelf" learning.
We design and facilitate leadership development, executive coaching, interactive workshops,
and creative change projects.
We work with individual leaders and groups (numbering from two people to several
Things Change in Relationship
Whether we’re helping an executive create cultural change, leaders hone their communication
skills, or teams improve how they work together, we address relationships: we help
participants notice, be curious about, and cultivate new action in how they relate
with others. Learning to see and attend to the "we" - in every conversation - helps
leaders shift how things unfold.
Change is a Creative Process
Many think of creative processes as the exclusive domain of artists. We believe
that learning how to build creative environments (and maintain them) is essential.
Creative processes are a vital (and learnable) component of organizational life. The
way leaders show up, make choices, and participate influences the playful space
created for those with whom they work. We think play is important.
Creation Invites Emotion
Thinking differently only takes us so far. We make something new when we actually
feel and do things differently. Leadership models and intellectualizing are important.
And they only make a difference when people put them into action. We invite participants
to take action, think, feel (and play) with different ways of being. This is rehearsal
space for breathing new life into their performance as leader.
All of our work is customized. It usually takes one of these forms:
Leadership Development Consulting
Creating an integrated, strategic approach to developing leadership in your organization
begins by answering these questions:
- What does leadership actually look like and how will you know when you have it?
- What are all the ways you might grow leadership - up, down, and across your
- Who needs to support this initiative wholeheartedly for it to flourish?
Engaging with an executive coach begins with getting clear on who you are, where
you are going, and why you are going there:
- What is currently impossible to do, that if it were possible, would change everything?
- Where do you get in your own way?
- What's the real challenge?
We offer workshops ranging from one-day intensives to week-long deep dives into
- Building a Coaching Culture (how to and why it works)
- Powerful (sometimes uncomfortable) Conversations that Make a Difference
- Emotional Intelligence (what is it and how do we get some?)
- Immunity to Change (based on the work of Harvard professors Kegan and Lahey)
- Collaborative Skills for Anyone Who Wants to Collaborate
- Who/How Are We Together and So What?
Change as a Creative Process
We support you and your leadership team to approach change as a creative process.
First, we slow down our conversations with you to figure out what they actually
need to be about. We then guide and coach you to create skillful rehearsal space
for you (and your colleagues) to lead to extraordinary performances, in service
of the results you'd love to see emerge. This approach to creation asks:
- What is the result you want to bring into being?
- For whom? Who is your team's (or organization's) audience?
- Who, specifically, is part of the ensemble that will make this happen?
- How will you make space for that ensemble to cultivate understanding of the performance
they must give?